Monday, April 6, 2020

Taiwan | Halal Food in Taipei City



If you’ve read my old entries, you would know how much I love Taiwan. It is like love at the first site, well for me, in this case…. Love at many site…. Like, ALL the site I’ve visited – physically and virtually. I find it hard to not fall in love with Taiwan. I might be bias here as I am fluent in Mandarin, and added advantage.

The only thing I find Taiwan not to my liking is the food, I guess it is because I can’t sample all the yummeh food that I have been hearing. Yup! It is not halal, and good halal food is not that easy to find. And if there is one, it is not that convenient.  Kinda sad huh! Having said that, the 3 below are those that I would like to recommend. Am very sure there are plenty more, but due to time constraint, I was unable to locate nor try them. Next time maybe *wink*.

The first 2 that I am featuring are very Taiwan type of delicacy which is the famous beef noodle. I highly encourage for you guys to try this else kira tak aci lah kan. Hehehhhee…. Worry not guys, all the restaurants stated below are halal certified tau. So, jangan risau.


Chang's Beef Noodles Shop


This is one of the HALAL beef noodle restaurant in Taipei that I like. I love the side orders the most to be honest... especially the one that looks like gyoza and ommelette, sodaaaap. Few things I would like to highlight :

1. The price range is pretty reasonable
2. The options are aplenty
3. There's a few other halal resto within this street
4. Next door is a hostel hence it is convenient for low budget travelers (swipe to view hotel name). 5. The resto location itself is within reach
6. Its crowded so come early or be abit patient hokkay


Chang's Beef Noodles Shop
21, Yanping South Road
Zhongzheng District
Taipei City, Taiwan


Master Diced Beef Nankan Restaurant


This is also one of the Taiwan halal diced beef noodle restaurant. This time around I sampled the braised beef noodle of which I don't think I like the taste, I guess am the clear soup type of a girl. But I have to give credit to the diced beef... giler sedap hokkay.

By the way, the restaurant have the clear soup type too but I thought I should try something new and different.


Master Diced Beef Nankan Restaurant
95, Taoyuan St
Luzhu Dist, Taoyuan
Taiwan


Yunus Halal Restaurant


Steam fish! A must order. The other dish is suhun with vege and prawn, I have no idea the name of the dish though, perhaps if you visit this place, you can show this picture for them to see and cook.

As it is an ala carte meal so it will be slightly pricey if you were to eat a lot. Better to in a small group. I forgot to tale a picture of the halal sign, my bad.


Yunus Halal Restaurant
36, Beining Road
Songshan District
Taipei City
Taiwan


Kunming Islamic Restaurant, Taipei


This is more of a rice and dishes type of restaurant (in Malaysia kira macam order nasi ngan lauk lah) and my favourite dish is the curry chicken. Sumpah sedap giler.

OK ok ok… I know I must be fair and all. In all honesty, all the dishes are yummeh (kid you not) either that I was plan hungry. Ahaks! 2 dishes that you must order (kalau tekak melayu kita sama lah) are curry chicken and the sambal fish, add on would be tomyam and vege dish. If there’s only 2-3 of you guys eating, curry chicken or the fish will do, plus another vege dish. If 5 pax or more, you probably can have 3 dishes or so.


Kunming Islamic Restaurant, Taipei
26, Lane 81
Fuxing North Road
Songshan District
Taipei City
Taiwan


Ice Monster


Similar to our very own Air Batu Campur or fondly known as ABC, Ice Monster is basically Taiwan's famous kakigori or shaved ice dessert chain. Impressed with the amazingly large range of shaved ice flavours/options, we decided to go with mango flavour (as it is THE MANGO season now and Taiwan is also famous for this yummeh fruit). This cotton candy like textured shaved ice was served with ice cream and cubes of mango that is heavenly in taste. Swipe to view.

I also learnt that Ice Monster in Taiwan is Halal certified; ensuring their Muslim customers that all ingredients used are.


​Ice Monster
No.204, Sec. 2
Xinyi, Taipei
Taiwan


Gonna share more on Taiwan. Lepas tuh you guys must go tau.



No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...