Sunday, August 21, 2011

Khan el-Khalili Bazaar & Tour Member's Death


This is obviously the last day for my Egypt trip back in 2002, finally I decided to take a pic at my god knows how many strat but am not complaining since the full board package is so darn cheap right. You know what they say, beggar cannot be chooser riiiiight. Hahaahhha.....

I forgot to include the sad part, there was this elderly man whom we call Pak Cik (Uncle), he joined the tour with his beloved wife. He was so happy to be able to visit Egypt or Mesir (in Malay), according to his wife; it was his dream to step foot in this country. I recalled on the last night, during the dinner cruise on the Nile River, which he thoroughly enjoyed and even boogyed with the belly dancer.

Once dinner completed, we went back to the hotel cheerfully and as expected - chattily. Everything was normal as normal can be. Right after midnight, I received a call from the fornt desk, saying a person in Room XXX just passed away, I didn't know who obviously. My brother and myself got up and went to Room XXX, it was that Pak Cik (the chatty & cheerful Pak Cik). We were soooo shocked of the sad news.

The hotel went to all the Muslim member tour member and put our phone on loud speaker, we were wondering why; then they played Yassin through out the night till the next morning. WOW!!!

The next morning, the Malays student from University Al-Azhar came to help with the 'pengkebumian' (burial process) by mid morning all completed, burial ground in Egypt (they did not want to bring the body to Malaysia). We asked around, one of the tour member said that their kids flying in from Malaysia that morning and it's consensus that their late date to be burried in Egypt.

This was the most awesome and yet sad trip I ever had, a weird experience certainly.

We left the hotel after everything settle with the Pak Cik, we detour for little bit of shopping in their ever so famous bazaar. On the way there, we passed by few nice buildings that I WISH we stop just to take pics and look around but those in the trip was too geared up for souvenirs shopping.

I saw this beautiful building which am sure it was the famous The Saladin Citadel of Cairo which is the medieval Islamic fortification in Cairo, Egypt. Located on Mokattam, apparently it was famous for its magnificent views of the Cairo (no way for me to verify this right, arghhh...). Now, they preserved it for historic site, with mosques and museums etc. That's it, I MUST MUST MUST visit Cairo AGAIN.

We reached the Khan el-Khalili bazaar, I believe it's the biggest bazaar or souk in Cairo. You wouldn't believe the amount of souvenirs I bought for everyone and myself. My brother wanted to buy the Nefertiti bust, the Egyptian cat ornament etc; and I got myself plenty of fridge magnets, plates, cups, shirts, jewelry box & PERFUME!!!! Kinda regretted not buying the perfumes, their perfume apparently is very concentrated and all you need is just a little dab into your bath tub, you will smell all very sweet & lovely and your hair will be super soft. Either that or I just fell so in love with the Egypt that nothing can go wrong... HAHHAHAH.....

Last day and last stop and last picture for keeps for my 2002 Egypt trip, can't remember where I took this picture, but I know for sure; I am coming back AGAIN and hopefully SOON too!

Anyone wanna join me? Or don't mind me joining you guys?


JOM!!!




Hyperlink credit : Wikipedia




14 comments:

Rafael Lam said...

Wow! Egypt Cairo! It's a place I really want to visit!
This building look amazing,
bazaar there must be great!

George said...

I don't blame you for wanting to go back. The citadel is beautiful, and I would love to explore it.

Gil Ra Im said...

ok this is off topic. just nak bagitau, i rasa nak menangis ok, baca trip Italy tu. jelesssssssssssss~ !!

LifeRamblings said...

i can understand why you wanna visit Cairo again. the mosque is stunningly beautiful.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Bananaz's very first visit and had a great feeling inside this Muhammad Ali Mosque. So nice.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Oh love Khan el-Khalili bazaar so much to buy and prices are far cheaper than the rest of the other tourist spots. Your last pix with two structures behind you are just like our F1 racing circuit building. Sorry to hear of the demise of Pak Cik. He was happy his dream came true to have step foot in Egypt.

Lily Riani said...

rafael,

yeah, i think with your skill, you will take nice pics.

george,

i bet you will love it there, and am sure you will take lovely photos of lotus flowers.


Gil Ra Im,

gosh, thanks for reading the old entry, am sooo touch. i will be going to santorini. nak postcard?

Lily Riani said...

Life Ramblings,

there are more pics... ie luxor, the cruise, the camel rides...etc... longing.

bananaz,

EGYPE BEST KAN??????? ehhehe.... love the history at the architectural. i agree, its cheaper and very unique unlike most country i have been too which pretty much the same :(

I supposed, in a way; the pak cik is happy and RIP lor.

Diana Diane Teo said...

I wanna join you to Egypt if you don't mind. Hehehe...

Miles Of Style said...

oooh I so wanna go back to Egypt now!! but trips there have to be planned so carefully based on the temperatures! I loved Sharm el Sheikh much more than Cairo though

just.HY said...

lily!!! pls bring me here....we go together...hihih

Lily Riani said...

jom....!!! hehehe.... but if i gi, nak yang 10 ari nye.

Ren said...

Lily, I tersesat kat entry Eqgyp u ni. hahahaha tetibe rasa ngidam nak pegi.

Lily Riani said...

janggel,

jauh u hinggap... ehehhe... 10days ok! besh tau.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...