Thursday, October 8, 2020

My PACAT story | Endau Rompin (Selai) Takah Tempaang Waterfall


PACAT = Leech (that blood sucking worm like animal)

Despite that I absolutely love outdoor, I am no budak gunung; scared of pacat and get tired easily (mebbe weight problem kot ni 😋, takde kena mengena ngan gunung pun kan 🙄). Being a noob that I am when it comes to trekking, hiking, climbing or anything jungle… I will trust whatever Della says, the Mountain Queen. Hail!


Few days before we begin our trip to Endau Rompin (Selai) Johor, Della whatsapped us  on the packing list as she assumes most (if not all) are city kids. Ahhhh…. She knows us so very well. I immediately open the pdf file and saw the below list, I was pretty cool when reading it as everything is general knowledge then I saw the last item – YASSIN. Gulp. First thing that came to my mind was, Quran app is on my phone, Ayat Ruqyah and Yassin is under favourite. I got it - no worries.

Then it hit me, how scary will this trip be? Akan ada penampakan ke? Who is the team yang pandai baca-baca yek? I heard people say that Ayat Ruqyah ni panas… what if something shows itself? Ya Allah… sis ni jenis overthinking, terus menerus panic. I even thought on ditching the trip. But I was the one insisted to be in this trip *afcepalm*. I summoned all my courage and pack, InshaAllah we will be ok. Aamiin.

Except for item 11 & 12, I am set to go.
 
Things to bring/pack

1. Phone & camera
2. Sport shoes, hiking shoes, selipar getah (lupa nama, tapi diarang kata itu yang paling bagus)
3. Hat or cap
4. Leggings/shorts (if takut pacat [leeches] like me, pakai lah tights yea rakan-rakan)
5. Insect repellent (I even bought an anti-leech dulu-dulu socks, it works. Very avant garde 🕺hokkay)
6. Waterproof bag
7. Light snacks
8. Water bottle
9. Plastic sampah (jangan buang sampah dalam hutan, nanti Della marah, mothernature nangis)
10. Poncho
11. Headlamps (takyah kot)
12. Torch light (ni pun tak yah unless trek tengah malam, Memang tak lerrr)
13. Yassin (When I saw Della wrote this, I terus panic 👻... dok baca ayat kursi segala bagai masa trekking tuh)
 
You guys, feel free to add lah yek.


The day we did the trekking, I was overjoyed when I saw JPAM is with us and I (as usual) insisted that one is next to me reason being I operated my ligament a couple of years back (it was 50% torn and did not do my physio as instructed). At times, especially when going downhill it’ll hurt so I figure I should prep myself well. Demanding dak!?!
 
The trek is hard as we have to walk by the river cliff (korang leh bayang dak ni?), slippery due to the rain the night before, muddy (lecak) and lotsa and lotsa of leeches (pacat). Then we have to climb boulders and cross river (habis kasut basah bagai) just to see this Takah Tempaang waterfall (it better be worthwhile we said).

Some areas we do need to climb on steep slope, and some we need to jump over. boulders Me? I will go down on my two knees or sit and slide down, either this or kaki menggeletar turun. Takpe, pakaian kotor can be washed but if I injure my leg again (here in the jungle) someone will need to carry me back to the chalet. Padan muka korang, sis tak ringan tau. MUAHAHAHHAHHAAH (<- EVIL LAUGH, balas dendam).
 
We did arrive Takah Tempaang safely, the trekking took us approximately 2 hours or so. It was worthwhile. Do take note on my anti-leech socks, very avant garde gitew. The trip back was somehow faster or perhaps because we knew the route and what to expected.


My leech panic moment
Nope, it is not over till I say it’s over.
We got back to our chalet and freshen up before we call it a day. Everything went well, no leech sighting except 1-2 on my shoes and my avant garde anti-leech socks. Just FYI, how the socks works is that the material is very air tight that the leech will not be able to wiggle itself THROUGH the cloth (tak tau kain apa diarang guna but bagus lah!). I was pretty safe the whole trip and then…

As we left Endau Rompin (Selai) Johor National Park to Gunungn Ledang National Park, we decided to stop at the Shell for petrol and junk food. And I head to the ladies (toilet), and as I was ‘undo-ing’ (betul ke perkataan ni?) my jeans, I SAW A BIG FAT (KENYANG) LEECH stuck on my undie. I wanted to scream and decide against it as I don’t want to cause a commotion, I mean… my jeans obviously already down when I saw the leech. If I were to scream, no one will be able to help me cos I’ve locked the toilet door, right! I can’t unlock/open the door as it only means I have to put back my jeans of which I DEFINITELY won’t (the LEECH on my undie remember *eyes rolling*). I was confuse, I was in dilemma even though the leech has probably died (darah I manis sangat kot). The only thing I can do is to use the hose/pipe to pick it away. Sis kena berani hokkay, takkan nak lari keluar toilet dengan seluar camtu just to suruh orang tolong?!?! Viral pulak kang. Hahahhahaha…


Once I got the stupid leech out, I ran back to the van and share the scary experience with the group, this ‘friend’ of mine said :

‘Pacat tuh mati sebab kena penyet kat perut you yek?’ jujur dia bertanya. Nak maki-maki I rasa kat mamat ni.
(‘The leech died cos it got squeezed between your tummy is it?’ my dear friend asked sincerely. I felt like cursing him.


FINE!!!! I diet lepas ni. Makan dalam ok. HAHAHHAHHAHAHAA….
(FINE!!! I shall go on diet after thing. Got the hint)
 
📸 :  @picturesquephotostudio



Majestic Johor Eco Adventure Media Trip 2020 is in collaboration with Tourism Johor and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel Magazine as media coordinator.



No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...