Thursday, May 19, 2011

Travel Thursday | Tight Hole


OK! I really don't know what you guys are thinking, hehehhe.... here am talking about the famous Củ Chi Tunnel in Saigon, Vietnam. The Củ Chi tunnels were the location of several military campaigns during the Vietnam War.

From Wikipedia :
The 75-mile (121 km)-long complex of tunnels at Củ Chi has been preserved by the government of Vietnam and turned into a war memorial park. The tunnels are a popular tourist attraction, and visitors are invited to crawl around in the safer parts of the tunnel system. Some tunnels have been made larger to accommodate the larger size of Western tourists, while low-power lights have been installed in several of them to make traveling through them easier and booby traps have been clearly marked. Underground conference rooms where campaigns such as the
Tết Offensive were planned in 1968 have been restored, and visitors may enjoy a simple meal of food that Viet Cong fighters would have eaten.

It's amazing how small they build this in order to avoid the western from coming in. When you are pushed to the edge, survival is the priority in life.

10 comments:

Gracie said...

Looking at that makes me queasy because I hate tiny spaces. But like you said with your survival on the line I'm sure I would have sucked it up and gone down the hole.

janakidiary said...

this is interesting. just last night I was watching docu on great leader Ho Chi Minh in History channel and it said that he only weight 85 lbs. I guess he will really fit right in those tunnels. Thanks for sharing.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

My colleagues were there few years ago and brought back proud pixz of them inside the A4 size hole. Some female colleagues cant do it why??? lolz.

Miles Of Style said...

so incredible! i never knew about this! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Huhuhuh..i confirm tak lepas nehhhhhh...

genie said...

My husband says he remember there was an intricate system of tunnels, but this was all new to me this morning. I am fascinated by the information. Cannot imagine being so thin as to be able to slide down through that hole. Awesome accomplishment. Thanks for such a neat shot.

Wenny said...

I'd think twice if I want to crawl in there, I believe I'm claustrophobic. Anyway, why the one side shoe?

Rafael Lam said...

Wow, need to be very skinny to jump in! Very interesting!

lina@happy family said...

I will stuck there :)
Amazing tunnel...

Bahija said...

1 kaki 'handsome' tour guide, 1 kaki 'ida' .... mana I punya ??? I muat dalam lubang tu la :P







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...