This is my second entry on #VISA Application tips and I shall make it short, simple and sweet.
Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar
No. 8(C), Jalan Ampang Hilir
Tel : (603) 4251 5595, 42514455, 4251 6355
Located off Jalan Ampang (heading towards Ampang town). You will pass Embassy for China and Victoria Station Steakhouse (Yeah! The train restaurant) on your right. Turn right at the traffic light (50m after the Steakhouse) where you will see Lanson Place on the right.
Turn left at the small roundabout and Myanmar Embassy should be on your immediate left. You will see large crowd waiting at the gate (hard not to notice).
VISA Application : 9:30am to 12:30pm
VISA Collection : 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Close on weekends and public holidays
1. Passport (6 months validity)
2. Application Form - download HERE (or drop a comment and I will email you)
3. 2x passport photos (This is a bit weird though because they only took 1 photo [the one appended on application form] and return the 2nd photo upon visa collection). Dimensions 4.5cm H X 3.5cm W.
4. Front page copy of the passport
5. A copy of Air Ticket (Return)
6. Visa Fee - RM110 per person (as of 2013)
- Parking is limited (outside the embassy ie by the street)
- You can try to park at Sayfol International School or at Victoria Station (walk safely please)
- The TAT is 1WD (subject to approval)
- There is no interview required
- Queuing take a long while, my suggestion is to get an agent/runner to do it for you.
- Travelers can stay up to 28 days per visit (please double check)
- VISA is valid for 3 months (please double check)
- The VISA is IS NOT FREE
The rest is pretty straight forward, I will include some pictures tomorrow :)
#MyanmarVisaApplication #Myanmar #Visa #VisaApplication #MyanmarVisa