Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Trip to Pineapple Plantation in Selangor






Few things I need to clarify before I write briefly about this trip of mine to Pineapple Plantation or Ladang Nenas located in Selangor, in partnership with Suruhanjaya Koperasi Malaysia.

  • I never knew we have such a tasty, sweet and juicy pineapple (I swear)
  • I also never knew we exported this tasty, sweet and juicy pineapple
  • During this visit, I learnt the best and right way to cut a pineapple (So duh huh!?!)
  • We were taught on how to select or choose the right and sweet pineapple
  • I always knew that 2-3 type of pineapple, apparently there are many more types (goodness)
  • First time seeing a pineapple plantation! Boy, it is super huge.... massive land
  • Strangely, the pineapple plantation or field is very serene and beautifu;. Weird huh?!


I guess the fun part for me was the ride to the pineapple field itself, we were on the back of the pick-up, screaming as it goes thru bumps and humps, well... more like purposely scream as if we were on a roller coaster ride. Drama sangat. 

It took us about 15mins or so to reach the pineapple filed from the shed we were at. The weather was and the flat barren field wasn't helping as well.



What we learnt in school or read is that pineapple are planted on peat soil here in Malaysia (tanah gambut), but honestly speaking, I have yet to see for myself how or what is peat soil (tanah gambut) until this trip. I have to say, peat soil is actually very soft and bouncy like... I feel like running around the field, it being an open space doesn't help either.


Few things that I learn here (I feel so smart and well educated now *wink*)

  • Pineapples don't need much water. They have very tough leaves so they don't lose much water through evaporation. They can get by on very little.
  • Pineapples don't need much soil or high quality soil.
  • Pineapples get a lot of their water and nutrition through their leaves.
  • Pineapples like slightly acidic soils.
  • Pineapples grow in full sun, even in the hottest climates.

Tips from HERE.



Below are the technique used to plant the pineapples. Interesting huh.



Aside from the field trip, we were also taught on how to cut a pineapple and obviously get to taste it lah.







This trip was made successful by #GayaTravel and Suruhanjaya Koperasi Malaysia Negeri Selangor under the program #JomJelajahKoperasi.









4 comments:

Azuan said...

sedapnya.... memang open for public as well ke?

Aku Seorang Pengembara said...

Yang penting pisau mesti mau tajam.. Senang jer kan nak ngupaih nye..

Hanis Amanina said...

I have problems eating pineapple, actually :D Well, together with diarrhea, i will bleed even when I eat any sweets with pineapple's flavour.

but, still, I will eat it. Haha

Unknown said...

Greetings from Rajawali...awesome package is here.. only for "kaki travel"...

http://rajawalibintangtravel1001.blogspot.com/







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...