Caving is the only activity that allows you to name your own cave. Officially. Legally.
My friend once told me.
COOL! I told myself.
But the darkness and pacat stops me from experiencing it, until March 2016. I can now claim I’ve done caving. Perasan-ly. Riak-ly.
Caving check-list box – TICK.
Despite that Gua Tempurung is located a stone throw away, Gua Kundu is nothing like the earlier said. Similar to my white water rafting adventure (you can read it here and here), I am torn (yet again) on whether to attempt with this caving “expedition” or to sit it out. But then again, I agreed to this trip due to its uniqueness – covering outdoor and extreme sport activities. Hence, I proceed. Cowardly. Worried.
The question is not what do I need to prepare, the right and precise question is what DID I prepare.
- Mosquito repellent (2 types)
- Oitment (2 types as well – they say leeches hate the smell)
- Socks (what socks? I brought panty hose AND high socks)
- Salt water (I assume my dehydration salt works here)
- Tobacco (I decided to keep 3 JPAM at bay, eye contact level, within my reach)
This (the above) is called WELL PREPARED for caving! I bet my girl guide coy will be very proud of me – ‘A girl guide is always prepared’ = ME!)
So, the ultimate questions:
- What did we actually do inside/during caving?
- How tough was it?
- Was there a lot of climbing? Swimming? Bat?
- Was it scary?
- Was it hard?
- Is it worthwhile?
I decide to answer this as specific as possible.
- A lot of fun stuff
- Easy peasy (coverline)
- Climbing – yeah. Swimming – No. Bat – Batman adalah.
- Nehhhhh…. Gitew.
There was rope climbing (10 feet high the most), abseiling (I love abseiling), crawling (its sandy so its pretty dry) and you know what… there’s 3 ways to get out of the cave and all 3 ways are super cool!
Ziplining + via ferrata + trekking out
Ziplining + trekking out.
Should you try it out?
YES!!!!!!!!!! I love it!
*This caving excursion was made possible by Nomad Adventure.
World of Wonders - Perak Media Fam Trip is in collaboration with Tourism Perak and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel as media coordinator.