Friday, March 24, 2017

Sasaran Sky Mirror – Selangor Best Kept Secret | #RentakSelangor




No more a secret.

My sasaran (aim) for this year is to cover our very own Sky Mirror, and I did just that. My sasaran is met. And I owe it to Tourism Selangor and UPEN.


For you travelers out there, I bet you have heard of Salar de Uyuni or Salt Flats located in Bolivia. And I am pretty sure that it is in your bucket list right (jangan dok nak tipu *eyes squint*), well… fret no more (for Malaysian at least), you can now visit Sasaran Sky Mirror in Kuala Selangor; approximately 2 hours or so from Kuala Lumpur. It is doable and near (a definitely plus point and of course a great value proposition – gitew)… and I’ll share with you on how to get there, tips as well as my experience.


The Experience
ARGHDBHFBEULUWH….!!!
So yeah. That’s me screaming my lung out.
To the joy of many of my friends (eyes squint with a smirk on my face) – removing you guys from my friend list.

The shell animals (animals ke?!) were basically moving, crawling and ‘ngesot’ing on the bar of sands, and if you are anything like me, the first word coming out from your mouth is either ‘ARGHDBHFBEULUWH….!!! or I wanna go back!!!! or perhaps…. I want my MOMMY!!!!’. Here’s the thing about me, I don’t like insect nor anything that is slimy and crawly, nor anything that is small, furry plus slimy and crawly. It’s a bad-bad-bad combination, a combination made for disruption. (Read : Disrupting me). It is between ‘The World Conspiracy’ versus ‘The-Making-Me-Freak-out-like-a-Lunatic’ or perhaps ‘The Agenda Yahudi’ theories in sabotaging moi (bold it on purpose). Tuh diaaa ehhhh… Sampai gitu sekali (sama drama sikit).  

#TravelTips 1 : Nonsense and ranting aside. I was told by the locals that this sand bar in Sasaran; a district in Kuala Selangor is as big as 50x football fields, having said that, don’t run around lah… as you wouldn’t know when the bar ends. Caution to mommies and daddies out there.

#TravelTips 2 : If photography is you kinda thang (hipster spelling). Bring prop(s), yup… like lotsa of them. No dark coloured attire as it doesn’t catch reflection plus it’ll look like a shadow instead. Bright and prominent colour would be better, the likes of red, orange, pink etc. Other suggestions will probably be… umbrella maybe, those signages thingy, flowers, hats (sombrero?), flowing shawl (Dilwale sangat) and etc. Basically, be creative lah.


The Journey
3 journeys in total. The first one is from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Selangor, and the other is from Kuala Selangor to Sasaran. And the last one is from Sasaran jetty to the Sky Mirror. Lucky you, am in a good mood and gonna share a little bit of each journey.

Journey 1 - From Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Selangor
It takes you approximately 2 hours or so,driving within speed limit with no selfie stops (#seriously). We stayed at The Kabin, of which it took 10mins ride to Journey 2 lag.

Journey 2 - From Kuala Selangor to Sasaran
If you happened to stay at or near we stayed ie The Kabin (hyperlinked), then I can confidentally inform you that the journey to the village jetty takes approximately 10-15mins. The landmark is Burger King (on your left), upon locating Burger King (corner lot shop [kot-kotlah banyak Burger King kan]), turn left at the small lane and 300m down the road, you’ll see a fisherman jetty.

Journey 3 - From Sasaran Jetty to Sand Bar
20-30mins boat ride on calm water, 45 mins or so on choppy water. Oh yah… you’ll pass by areas of migration bird as you depart from the jetty, quite a beautiful site, if you like nature that is.

#TravelTips 3 : Do an overnighter if you plan to visit Sasaran Sky Mirror as you can always do a heritage trail enroute Sasaran or home. Plenty of places like Bukit Melawati, Jugra lighthouse, the old palace etc.

#TarvelTips 4 : Where to stay probably come into your mind. Small matter tuh…. There’s 2-3 stars hotel around Kuala Selangor, Kabin concept – by the beach or in the paddy field (both offering different feel and experience). Google and you shall find.


After all the jumps, laughters and photoshoots (plus making me scream my lung out)… I had lotsa fun. So yah…. Do make a trip here *wink*.




Interested?
                                                                 
Sky Mirror Tour & Travel Sdn. Bhd
Contact : Lim YM
Mobile : 019-266 6665

Facebook : 天空之 Sky Mirror Tour & Travel Sdn. Bhd





Rentak Selangor Fam Trip is in collaboration with UPENS (Unit Perancangan Negeri Selangor), Tourism Selangor and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel as media coordinator.







1 comment:

ruggedmom said...

Okay I learn a new hipstur word here, ‘ngesot’ing







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...