Friday, October 5, 2018

Dari tummy ke hati – #DiscoverSelangor


To win a man’s heart is through his tummy.
Malaysia is food heaven.
Makan ngan Malaysian berpisah tiada.

So here I am, thinking on how to write the great food we enjoyed during our Eat. Travel. Write. Regale 7; I can’t possibly be writing 2-5 food entries right? Despite I feel that each of them deserve a full fledge write-up, but I just can’t. Hence, combining it all into one would be the best way to go, I guess. Oh well, here goes.
 

Bamboo Nasi Briyani - Amma's Signatures in Batang Kali, Selangor

First and foremost, you need to know how many types of briyani is there in their menu - Chicken Briyani, Fish Briyani, Mutton Briyani, Vegetarian Briyanis and... jeng jeng jeng... Lobster Briyani and Prawn Briyani (udang galah hokkay). The bamboo elevates the aroma and taste of the biryani.

But of course, if you wish to dine in or even tapau, best is to call them a day in advance lah (sebab nak kena masuk hutan 'nak cari kayu, nak cari kayu... nak cari kayu' - I mean gi order and beli bamboo). We had chicken bamboo briyani at RM21.90

Amma's Signatures
35B, Jalan Meranti 2B
Bandar Baru Ligamas
Batang Kali, Selangor
Phone : +60103618279





Kaya Puff - Teng Wun Bakery & Confectionery in Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor

I have absolutely no idea what is it called in Mandarin (or Cantonese for that matter) but I simply love this Kaya Puff. It used to cost RM0.20 p/piece at the school canteen, I would buy 1 to be eaten during recess, and if I have extra pocket money, I will get 2 kaya puffs where I will enjoy after my mengaji class. Bliss.

And guess what, I have been 'reunited' with my childhood recess snack recently. I grabbed one before it was being offered (that excited and gelojoh I was). This family bakery business started way back in 1979 in Kuala Kubu Bharu with just wedding cakes, and now, it has evolved to butter sponge cake, kaya roll, wedding biscuits and of course, tasty durian cake.

It is a place where one will drop by enroute to Fraser Hill, a long bike ride to KKB, or a quick simple breakfast before heading for white water rafting activities nearby. A roadtrip food I would say *wink*.

Teng Wun Bakery & Confectionery
15, Jalan Dato Muda Jaafar
Pekan Kuala Kubu Bharu
Kuala Kubu Baru
Selangor




Kunya Kunya in Tanjung Karang
I think they should named it Nyum Nyum instead, or perhaps Nom Nom.

I just found the place where I can get my favourite kerepek bawang, sumpah sedap. Their bahulu gulong with pineapple jam is yummeh too. That white chips made from kacang hijau pun sedap. You know what, I think it is better that you guys sample the kerepek/chips yourself. Confirm beli selori nanti.


Did I buy any? Yes, many. And my colleagues simply love it. Some even requested for me to  buy more. Ahaks…. The detail is as below. Gi beli sendiri yea rakan-rakan.

Kunya Kunya
225-2, Jalan Tanjung Karang
Batu 5 1/2, Kampung Sg. Gulang-Gulang
Tanjung Karang
Selangor



7-Regale, Eat Travel Write Selangor 2018 Media Fam Trip is in collaboration with Unit Perancang Ekonomi Negeri (UPEN) Selangor and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel Magazine as media coordinator.



 






No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...