Monday, March 2, 2020

The RIFT | AR and VR Game






My first impression was ‘meh’
Or perhaps more like ‘meeeeeeeeeh….’
This probably takes 10-20 mins top, I told myself. Meaning I have a bit of time for shopping or whatnot. Rather please with myself (smart right [I knoooooooow]).



I crafted a superb plan on how to maximize my time at Mid Valley. You guys agree with me right?!? I mean… All VR or AR Game park are more or less the same. You put on the VR headset, of which you feel like you are in another realm (read : boring). You then play the game while those watching you doing silly stuff starts giggling. Same old routine. Impress, I am not.

I start planning my shopping route. I even googled the latest Adidas design.

As much as I am rebellious, I followed the group to The RIFT, I sense my ‘meh’ feel increases as I see the entrance.
‘Mission abort. Plan exit route’ (red lights blinking with siren in full blast).
But nooooo…. I must at least attend the briefing, do the tour then only ‘abort mission’. *wink*



I attended the briefing and found out they have been in operation since 2017 and that they are the biggest largest VR/AR theme park in Malaysia (tetiba impress). And that they are actually a hybrid theme park; combining AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), video games and physical games/rides.
They GOT MY ATTENTION now.



With more than 20+ games including the 3 award-winning free roaming VR environments - Zero Latency game, HADO’s player-vs-player augmented-reality dodgeball, Terminator themed laser battle and Raceroom. So… I decided I shall try out one game. After all, I have nothing to lose right *smirk*.

They took a to a room with vest and guns read. Yup! Laser tag – Terminator X.
I got this. Done a few paintball game… this is easy peasy. Main tembak-tembak ajer kan (nonchalant).
They brief us and game start.



Peng peng, peng peng (we tembak [lasered])
Zasss (we died)
Repeat till times up.

Verdict?
BEST GILER HOKKAY! Nak main lagi can or not?

Of course there’s plenty of bloopers too…
Hasif kept saying ‘Alaaa, Kak Lily lagi….’ and ran away from me.
Nuar simply not bother being killed as he was video-ing everyone running around like a lunatic.
Then there’s Domino (Izuan) that keep on killing me (you stalk I ke? Rimas tauuuu)
And I’ve learn that it is more fun to march into the enemy ground and shoot them. Ganas tak?



We later tried the Hurricane.
OK! This is a must must do. Sumpah it felt like the real rollercoaster.
Kid you not.
Being scardycat that I am, I opted (apparently we can opt) for vibrate movement only as the other option was it doing a 360 turn (memang kirim salam lah kan, takkan buat). Even the vibrate movement was realistic and I felt nauseated after the game. I stayed and watch those opted for extreme level ie 360 turn… it is scary (to me lah) BUT they said it was fun. Della went on it twice (budak-kecik-terlebih-berani-manusia-ke-apa-ni). TWICE.



We tried Run The River as well, they say it is the latest attraction/game. By this time we were already pumped up and on adrenaline rush mode, we just go for it while criticizing which game is the most fun or scariest of all (padahal memula tadi tak nak main, siap plan nak gi shopping lagi). Run The River was rather mild (Nampak tak eksen giler) but it did catch us by surprise as the boat hit the water, we could feel the cool gentle breeze…. Basically it is a VR with 4D experience.

Then as it hit hard on the water, you can feel small drops of waters on your arm/face… I googled (description as below), does this mean we had a 9D experience. WOW! Lessen to eksen ni!

9D : Now. the 9D is the newest technology in the world. Like our 9d virtual reality ,viewers just need to wear VR glasses and then go into the world of the movies. It breaks the limit of virtual and real world and takes viewers amazing experience. It consists of three revolutionary new products :Interactive cinema with 360°rotation function, Immersive Glasses, Breakthrough VR entertainment content platform.



They are plenty of rides and games for you to try. Go experience them all.




The Rift
3rd Floor, North Court,
Mid Valley Megamall,
Kuala Lumpur





Kuala Lumpur What’s Fun Fam Trip is in collaboration with VisitKL and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel as media coordinator.


No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...