Tuesday, June 4, 2013

10 Things I Hate About You, Vietnam :)




1. I hate how you surprises me in Dalat, when I thought all I get to see was hills of forest, bed of greenery and sea of foreigner. Instead I saw mountain full of wondrous nature, meadows of colorful landscape, ocean of cultures.

2. I hate when I thought I would only see a red sand dune but you showed me a gawking picture of red earth against clear blue sky.

3. I absolutely hate the scorching hot Halong Bay sun yet somehow I fell in love with the blazing hot Mui Ne sand dune sun.

4. I hate how I can’t find any reference site on Dalat and having all this negativity but was was later impressed by your French architecture, your wacky Crazy House, your embroidery detailing, your creativity with nature and of course your weather!

5. I hate how the 3.5 hours bus ride from Dalat to Mui Ne was slow and winding and it made us puke but amazingly the last 1.5 hours was a contrast of everything, hues of green, brown, white, blue; mother nature beautiful colours.


6. I hate it when I thought I can gossip and bitch in my own mother tongue during price negotiation while shopping but guess what, all you locals now speaks perfect English and Malays. You guys are smart!

7. I definitely hate how snail-slow the bus ride from Mui Ne to Saigon is but the ultimate reason was to get us safe and sound to our destination (awww….).

8. I realized why I hate the fact that you have ‘home-made’ cable-car and roller coaster at Datanla Waterfall, because I don’t have it here at my home country. Surely will ‘Datang lah’...

9. I guess I hate it when I don’t know how to shop at Ben Thanh Market because of your historical moment, colourful culture and exquisite craftsmanship, I just want to buy the whole market back home to feel happy (satisfied).

10. But above all, I hate how I felt in love with you; Vietnam, all over again.







6 comments:

NEKCIK said...

ha..ha...Just say I FALL IN LOVE WITH VIETNAM lah..Me too...it's special in its own way..especially how the motorists respect the pedestrians..very rare in my country!!!

Gerb said...

I fall in love with Vietnam too. Just came back from Saigon last month. Now planning my next trip to Mui Ne.

yayanrahman said...

i'm going to ho chi minh again this month..fall in love ben thanh market and the coffee..i want to go to hanoi so badly..one day insyaAllah..:)

ain@chepry said...

i hate reading this post...buat i rasa nk terus g sana sekarang...

Lily Riani said...

nekcik,

suspense much... i thought i should write it with a twist.

gerbera,

mui ne next? wow! they said mid year is hot. sunblock lotion please.

yayarahman,

i dont drink coffee but yes, the coffee is awesome! they have loadsa hidden gem, sila cover semua :)

ain,

jom! ehhehehheh...

andrea chiu said...

I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...