Tuesday, August 7, 2012

RED BANANA of Sri Lanka

First, jangan fikir serong. Haahahahahha....

I don't plan to give you guys a lesson on banana, not to worry. However, this was my first experience seeing and eating a red banana. You heard me alright, RED BANANA. Experienced this during my trip to Sri Lanka. Figure I should must blog about this (minus boring you to death on banana origin, history etc etc etc...).

I have been harping at the driver cum guide on red banana (a must see and eat apparently), he kept delaying it... Until we reached Kandy, thats when I found out that it is a native fruit for Kandy. Rupanyee.... (Yeah, am yet to blog on Kandy, will be doing so in a few days time).

Red banana versus green banana

I also found out that Kandy's weather suits the growth of red banana thus explain why I could not get it in those places I passed by. Hemm...

Konon-konon photoshot canggih lah. Padahal idak pung...

So, little ignorant me decide to buy one to taste and guess what.....

The fruit looks the same as other banana, and tasted the same as other banana's which is to my dissapointment, however some says it's sweeter. Oh well...

After reading here and there, I found out that the redder the banana is, the more carotene and vitamin C level tends to be higher too.

Tah dah..... RED BANANA versus GREEN BANANA versus YELLOW BANANA.





5 comments:

masMZ KaKiJaLaN said...

pisang merah ni sama kot dengan pisang udang merah kat sini... cuma susah sikit nak jumpa...

tengok tapi tak pernah rasa...

Lily Riani said...

masmz,

iya ke? serious tak penah dengar... same size and all yek? lain kali kene tunjuk ler... leh blog MY pun ada red banana gitus. ehhehe

Unknown said...

Aku pn tak penah dengar pisang merah ni, sebabkan mas kata susah nk cari kt malaysia, terpaksa la pegi SL kekekekek

Lily Riani said...

na,

agree, if ada pisang purple, biru, oren, pink, kelabu asap etc... try gak. sebab dah sampai SL kan kan kan....ehheheh... i rasa sama jek. wallahuallam...

Anonymous said...

Yep..it's called pisang udang in Msia. Kt kg2 kdg2 still ada org tanam/jual - WB







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...