Thursday, October 25, 2012

Things To Do In Terengganu (Part 1) - The Floating Mosque, Pasar Payang & Bukit Puteri









Terengganu, one of the most diverse and colourful state in East Coast.

Ok, above was the only sentence I can think of and was stuck with it for 2 long hours or so (while watching TV obviously).  Brain jammed + Blogger's block + Train of thought choo choo-ed away.

What and how do you even begin to write on a place that is so beautiful, serene and full of cultural (ampu-ing Tourism Terengganu 2013 heh?! Hehhehee...). No word can describe her beauty, doubt my pictures can do justice either. Sigh.... So, here's what I will do instead, share the places I covered and HOPE you feel it too.

Despite that I just came back from Redang in July with a quick trip around Kuala Terengganu town, I came to realised I did not cover most of the places, like... really cover! At this point, even I feel disapointed with myself, hahahhah....(and I call myself a traveler, podahcit [Anna lar ajar ni]).

Things to do in Terengganu (errr... Kuala Terengganu je kot).

Earlier entry
Penarik Beach at Sunset, Kuala Terengganu 
1. Jetty
See jetty. See boat. See colour. STOP!
Just stop at any jetty on the way to ANYWHERE.... it won't fail you, trust me! In fact, I dont even know where the above pictures was taken. We saw this river, and this bridge, and screamed 'cantik!!!!!!' (beautiful), and park our car. Tah dahhhhh...... Beautiful heh! (well to me ler kan....).

2. Shops
Pay full attention.... they can be entertaining.
Just because they are small and out of nowhere (well, probably they're somewhere [strategic], but we[lar] don't know where hehheheheh), doesn't mean they are not interesting. Check out! Ahmad Albab Bridal Shop!!!


 

3. Car stickers
Terengganu icon
Need I say more.

 

Serene. Calm. Peaceful.
Located in Kuala Ibai, it's the first real floating mosque in Malaysia - from Wikipedia. (Real floating mosque? Apa maknanye tuh... yang lain float tipu-tipu ke? Hehheheh....). What I like is the fact that this pure white mosque sets against the clear blue sky (lawa giler sangat-sangat). 

5. Bukit Puteri
A fortress.
Covering 658 hectares and at about 200 meters from the sea level. It was built between 1831 and 1876 to defend country from enemy attack. It gives you a great view of Istana Maziah, Pasar Payang and it's surrounding. Do check out the last picture - it's errr.... kinda funny.

Myth
Bukit Puteri was said to have originated as a place of residence for Puteri Bunian. However, the princess left Bukit Puteri when the local residents borrowed her cutlery and did not return them to her. According to legend, this hill was opened by a chieftain from Johor named Tuk Raja Menteri who came to Terengganu to install Sultan Zainal Abidin I as the first Sultan of Terengganu. *Credit - Cuti Malaysia


Eh! Song Seng Nim yang sesat?
Skodeng?
A MUST READ!! (Translation nih betul ke?)

6. Pasar Payang
Colours. Colours. Colours
Terengganu culture at it's best.
Dry food area.

Kuih's name? Anyone?

Tiffin carrier

Lastik / Slightshot sold here too.

Kris - Malaysia dagger.

7. Turtle Alley
Enough said. 


** Adam - Pencarian awek. Misi satu daerah, satu awek.



Twitter ID : lilyriani
Instagram ID : lilyriani
Pinterest ID : lilyriani
Blog URL : http://lilyrianitravelholic.blogspot.com/

Facebook Page : Globetrotter | Addiction of a Travelholic

9 comments:

Ramble and Wander said...

Beautiful pix. How can I not miss this beautiful place? ;-)

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Gotta go see the Floating Mosque some day!

Ren said...

I like Tg. Especially the Pulausssss!

Thisomimie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thisomimie said...

the pictures of the mosque are stunning!

Farikica said...

I loooveeee KT...esp the foood.. He..he.. Never been to the floating mosque,yet...every time I want to stop by, the temperature was boiling hot...as a result, I keep postponing my visit to the place.

Lily Riani said...

raw,

this, i have to agree. dont mind revisiting.

duncan,

yes, you should :)
i believe they have more places/things to offer. i too need to revisit and cover more places.

janggel,

kaaaan... cantek!

Lily Riani said...

mimie,

sangat....! terlalu sangat!

farikica,

i agree on everything. ahahahhah it is HOT. very HOT... but since it is so beautiful, i dont mind revisiting :)

k.e.r.i. said...

Turtle Alley ni kat mana???

apasal aku tak tahu pun???

arghhh, stress.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...