Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 2 | Majestic #Bagan At Sunset - #Myanmar (Part 3)

Sigh.... Bad news. I accidentally deleted my Bagan pics on my iPad Mini where I store most of my Bagan and Chasing Monk photos. I was on a massive depress mode last week (which resulted to me not blogging for whole week).

Thus, you will see pictures of different colours/mode/mood as I extract it from few devices.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I managed to capture, not that great unfortunately. Double 'sigh....'. Well, let's look at the glass half full shall we... This probably mean I just have to REVISIT Myanmar!!! Muahhahahah..... (Any excuse to travel *wink*). And my NEXT visit will conver the 7 items which I fail to execute and materialise in this trip. It'll be EPIC TRIP, any takers???
It's crucial that you know, I am terrified of height, like really.... REALLY!

This VERTIGO (or is it acrophobia) thingy doesn't help. NOOOOOO!!!!

BUT..... Once you up there (even not the highest point), it is superbly breathtaking! ......... (speechless).

Just sitting down, absorbing good's greatest gift....

SUNSET!!!

Apparently sunrise is even better. We shall see... (next trip *wink*)

The view from the otherside.

A definite repeat, and next time will be at sunrise.
Steep??? Yup! Still confuse over this VERTIGO / acrophobia thing.

#TravelTips :
1. Bring tripod for best photos
2. Carrying tripod up the steep staircase can be a challenge
3. Coming down with the tripod is even worst
4. STEEP. VIRTIGO. ACROPHOBIA.
5. Sunrise comes with awesome hot air balloon scenery against the angelic temple
6. PEOPLE. PEOPLE. PEOPLE.... Yup! That many!
7. Company helps, else it can be a bit of a bore waiting for the sun to rise/set

Sila merangkak turun yea.

View from 4th / 5th floor looking up.



Bagan (Formerly Pagan) is an ancient city located in the Mandalay Region of Burma (Myanmar). From the 9th to 13th centuries, the city was the capital of the Kingdom of Pagan, the first kingdom to unify the regions that would later constitute modern Myanmar. During the kingdom's height between the 11th and 13th centuries, over 10,000 Buddhist temples, pagodas and monasteries were constructed in the Bagan plains alone, of which the remains of over 2200 temples and pagodas still survive to the present day.


1 comment:

Ren said...

Cantiknya....
Bagan.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...