Thursday, September 1, 2016

Banyuwangi | Baluran National Park






THIS was the reason am overly excited over.
Savannah. Baluran.
Enough said.


I received an enquiry on Banyuwangi over Twitter one activities available here aside from Kawah Ijen and I suggested Baluran National Park. There are 3 National Parks in Banyuwangi; Baluran National Park, G-Land (Grajagan), and the remote Alas Purwo National Park, where else Meru Betiri National Park is located nearer to Jember.

The savannah plain has made Baluran famous and often talked and visited of for those heading to East Java. And obviously  I share the same liking, am absolutely thrilled over the savannah to the extent of bringing the right outfit to snap some good photos of which I did not lah. Due to the standard reason : lazy.

This is my whole experience during this trip…


We took the bus to Baluran National Park, what surprises me is that the bus or own vehicle can drive into this national park. As much as it is convenience, somehow I rather have a ranger jeep to take us in, it will be even more perfect if the jeep is painted in tiger stripe (my closes encounter to a Africa Safari experience). Of course, this is just a hope, being on a bus stole the experience bit. I guess… Nothing can beat a bumpy jeep ride while ‘parting’ the stream/river, or a cheetah on the jeep roof chilling, giraffes peeping into the jeep window asking for food or seeing a herd of elephants lazing and gazing. This will be a perfect customer experience.

#TravelTips 1 : Allocate half a day at least, no speedy/quickie trip here.

Yah, we did not have the above. Nevertheless, we had fun. Perhaps because we were busy monkeying around that it makes us feel right at home. Ahaks!


The journey from the entrance to the savannah took us almost an hour and my aim was to take a certain spots that I saw on Google, so the plan is to team up with people that are as kiasu as I am – Edgar from Eazy Travellers. And the game plan works perfectly well. To. The. T.

We bot kept rushing to all the hot spots, even to the extent of ditching people on a toilet break and ran to THE hot spot. I mean…. If you this Pokemon Go is bad, you should look at us. We can easily beat the crap of Pokemon Hunters. Hehheheheheee…. Like real lah kan. Drama ajer lebih.



#TravelTips 2 : If you love photography and Microsoft, then this is THE place. The pictures will tell you why (macam gambar Microsoft Window kan kan kan).

While I was so dressed down, the Indonesia Influencer was working it, ‘travelvoguer’ was the new name for travellers cum fashionista. I was green with envy (atas sebab terlalu segan, buat rugi jer).

#TravelTips 3 : Bring props and 2-3 attire, google some sample and you will have the best photoshoots in town.

#TravelTips 4 : I personally think that sunset adds the drama into the pictures, hence I highly recommend that you arrive around 4ish to get a day light photos and wait till sunset.


Remember I mentioned about the tigers, cheetahs, giraffes and elephants? Yeah…. None here so worry not. You won’t be eaten alive by these feisty beast, the changes getting bit by a cobra is higher though. Banteng or Bos javanicus (the endangered wild cattle that predominantly exist in South East Asia) is to look out for when you are here, aside from banteng, try to catch a pack of Sumatran dhole (wild dog), or hunt for a Indian muntjac (also known as red muntjac and barking deer), Java mouse-deer, fishing cat, Javan leopard and Javan lutung. Famous bird species in Baluran are the green peafowl, red jungle fowl, Malabar pied hornbill, rhinoceros hornbill and lesser adjutant.

#TravelTips 5 : If you love the wild life photography or National Geography type of photography, then this is the place.



Just before we hit the twilight hour, we made a move for dinner and back to the hotel.

#TravelTips 6 : You MUST MUST sample all the local delicacies in Banyuwangi, you will not regret it. Trust me on this.









Trip of Wonders– Indonesia Social Media Fam Trip is in collaboration with Tourism Indonesia.







7 comments:

Natasha von Geldern said...

What a wonderful unspoilt part of Indonesia! From your lovely photos it looks very natural and quite remote.

Unknown said...

Lovely part of Indonesia! I remember my hometown every time here, they are so much alike. Though this is the first time I heard about Baluran. It looks so quiet and beautiful. :)

Uliana said...

The nature is so beautiful!
I would like to photograph there)

Unknown said...

Wow looks fantastic. Indonesia is on my bucket list so I'm going to make a note of here when I visit.

TaĆ­s said...

What a unique place to visit! Your photos are gorgeous, just make us want to go asap.. I love visiting national parks!

Gabby said...

I had to google to find out this post was in Indonesia lol, I couldn't find it anywhere in the post! Still, I love your photography and your trip sounds amazing. And I learned there are cheetah and gazelle in Indonesia, who knew!

Samantha - Expat and the City said...

Such a beautiful place to take pictures! Good tip about spending more time in the place...I like to know how much time I should dedicate to the travel spot.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...