Thursday, December 16, 2010

Travel Thursday | Sand Boarding



Sand boarding was tough, don't even dare to imagine snow boarding.



The first time I went to Perth in 2005, none of my friends was interested with adventurous activities. And as usual I was craving for one, obviously god love me and I got a free trip to Perth in November the same year! YEAY!!!!!

During our Free & Easy day, I insisted and persuaded Grace to accompany me to take up this Pinnacle and Sand Dune day package. The trip took us 4-5 hours per way, despite it was long & tiring drive, I was fully entertained by the beautiful scenery.

Upon reaching the sand dune, surf board was at stand-by mode for everyone to try out. What else can I say.... Weeeeeeeeeeee........ Whoooosh.....

The annoying thing was, the journey down to 20 seconds, but the climb up....ARGH!!!!! 15mins.


Have your tried any form of "boarding"?

NO! boarding school doesn't count! Hehhehee.....




17 comments:

Biqque said...

i did surf boarding :D tapi tahap gile bodoh la hahaha!

Rafael Lam said...

Wow! Great to play this sand board!
I hope can play snow board in X'mas!

Wenny said...

Never tried ... was never the adventurous kind when younger but these days, I'd give anything to try.

Lily Riani said...

biqque,

gos... i wont dare to do on water... takut!!!

rafael,

how i wish but xmas will be at home in malaysia.

wenny,

try lar... fun fun... and safe

Gracie said...

I have done sand dune riding at a place called Moreton Island here in Australia. It was so much fun and I would definitely do it again. x

George said...

I would think sand boarding would be more painful than snow boarding. But perhaps I feel that way because we have much more snow than sand around here.

Lily Riani said...

gracie,

oh! which part of OZ is this? perhaps i can go there as well :D

george,

the bad part is actually the sand gets into your eyes and you skin/shoe feels sandy. but then again the ice will be cold and you will get wet. sigh.... fun thing doesnt come easy.

Irene said...

Looks like great fun. I never tried it ... The first time I saw sandboards was in Brasil. The speed wasn't so fast as on snow. I think I prefer carving skies downhill on snow :o)

Kellie Collis said...

Sounds fun! Have a wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

Lily Riani said...

irene,

its kinda fun but messy. hemm... perhaps your way might be better :)

kellie,

it is. thanks :)

EnAirRaH said...

Great, thanks for the visit. Never tried any kind of boarding aside passing into a "boarding" gate. Hehe

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Nope never had a chance trying boarding but rubbing black boards kinda often during school days..lol. Yeah can understand the 15mins climb could not balance with the 20 seconds whoooshhhhh..haha. tQ

Lily Riani said...

RyHeAnNe,

ahahhhaha..... that same goes for me.

bananaz,

realy annoying hor....

Unknown said...

this is super COOL! Never try anything like this before. Yes, we should travel together one day so u can show me all your skills ;)

Lily Riani said...

byya,

you're back!!!!! kite semusti nye, we shall include biqque as well yah.

Shingo T said...

Sand boarding sounds more dangerous than Snow boarding to me.

And if you fall, you might end up eating sand. Yucks! Haha.

Lily Riani said...

shingo t,

i agree... thats the part i feared most.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...