Thursday, December 9, 2021

Balle Balle Group from Kampung Api Api, Kuala Selangor

I was introduced to this Balle Balle Group from Kampung Api Api in Kuala Selangor few years back and I was immediately intrigued and fell in love with their sound. I was hoping I get to watch them perform again and how lucky can I be when I saw Rentak Selangor 2021 will be inviting them to perform. So, writing about them is must lah kan, if kita tak promote music kita then siapa lagi. Betul tak?


What I find amazing was that they invented the percussion instrument called Balle Balle, honestly I am not sure whether similar percussion existed in other part of the world but this is the first and only one I ever saw lah. This balle balle is made out of what looks like a tree branch with flattened bottle caps attached to the string, that is tied to the both end of the branch. What sound does it make? Well…. Like many tambourine being played simultaneously. I personally feel the music is very beach-santai kinda thing. Having said that, Balle Balle Group type of song is suitable for fast and slow tempo.

Encik Isnain Abd Rahim, is the multi-talented guy behind Balle Balle Group. Having visited over 30 countries such as Germany, Spain, Bangladesh and many more just to get fresh new ideas and learnt local folk song of the world. He formed the group Balle Balle that consist 6 players playing instruments ie. Bongo, Timbalis, Accordian, Violin, Double bass, Guitar and of course Balle Balle.


The other thing that made Balle Balle Group unique is that they wear tudung saji (traditional Malay food cover) as their headgear, batik sarong, colourful shirts, and last but not least terompah or wooden clogs completing their stage attire.

Song that I feel and enjoyed with their instruments will be Sway by Michael Bubble, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, Bubbly sung by Colbie Caillat… you get me don’t you.



Isnain Bin Abd Rahim (Wak Nin)
Pusat Kesenian Balle Balle
L3-25, Times 89, Business Plaza
Taman Seri Sentosa, Jalan Klang Lama
Kuala Lumpur

Mobile : +6019-281 4535
Email : isnain52@gmail.com



Rentak Selangor Fam Trip is in collaboration with UPENS (Unit Perancangan Negeri Selangor), Tourism #Selangor and all its sponsors with #GayaTravel as media coordinator.
#RentakSelangor #KitaSelangor #UPENSelangor #MediaSelangor #PusingSelangorDulu #MKNS #PMNS

No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...