Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Swiss Museum of Transport / Verkehrshaus

 
Visited this place the Swiss Museum of Transport or Verkehrshaus back in 1997. The trip here is perhaps a good example of 'lawatan jejak kasih' for me 😂, reminiscing my first trip to Switzerland.


Being a person who loves to travel, obviously I love to try all types of transportation available in those country and it should not be a surprise if visiting a Museum (I love museums!) of Transport is one of the places I look forward to. My plan was to mentally do a ‘before and after’ upon reaching there and I was absolutely thrill upon seeing the museum – definitely a big different from my trip 20+ years ago.

Opened back in 1959, Verkehrshaus exhibits all type of transportations such as trains, cars, ships, and aircraft, motorcycles and many more. The museum also houses other interactive attractions namely the planetarium, IMAX theatre, Swiss Chocolate Adventure and etc.


Few things that I’ve noticed that there are more trains as compared to my first visits, they also educate on building trains tunnel underneath the Swiss Alps, type of rocks, the machinery and technology used in digging the tunnel so on and so forth. I thought this is very good as I learnt that different technics are required when digging specific type of rocks/earth  in order to protect the structure.


Of course when it comes to train, the range that is being showcased is amazing, old train coaches, cogwheels, steam loco and many more, nothing was spared. And this building is on train alone, there’s building on airplane, cars, ships and etc.

I decided to check-out the car museum of which I don’t remember much during my first visit. To be honest, I only remembered visiting the train and airplane section. Lepas tuh memory lost, hahahhahha….


I was mesmerised as I entered the car section, I was welcomed by car being selected and move/brought forward to the person selecting. Videos as shown HERE. I thought that was amazing plus the fact the car was sexy too lah.

Then there was a section on Redbull sponsored race cars along the years.

I later decided to check the airplane section (building), this is also cool as it covers helicopters and vintage airplanes, as well as a helicopter or an airplane in simulators.



I was so surprise that there is also an area on cable car, displaying their first-generation manually operated mountain transport right up to the latest large-capacity cabins.

I personally feel this is a worthwhile place to visit as not only it is educational, it is also interactive, gives you behind the scene infos, documentaries, showcases and many more.

#TravelTips
• 50% discount with the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex
• 50% discount with the Swiss Museum Pass 
• Allocate 2-4 hours here, minimum.
• You can ride the boat across the street back to the city once done.



Entrance Fee
Click HERE forIndividual and Group fee
Click HERE for Swiss Travel Pass museum discounts

Opening hours
Daily : 10:00 - 17:00
Summer : 10.00 - 18.00

Verkehrshaus der Schweiz
Lidostrasse 5
6006  Luzern
Switzerland



The Switzerland 2022 Media Fam Trip is organized by Tourism Switzerland in partnership with all its sponsors.

No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...