Sunday, July 19, 2009

Isola Bella




Dia Isabella, lambang cinta yang lara, terpisah kerana adat yang berbeza…

Romantic! Sigh…

One thing I do know, there’s loads of villa in Lake Stresa, Stresa has been a popular retreat for Europe's aristocrats. I suspect this small fishing village is the getaway for the rich and famous those days. And most of it has been converted to hotels… TUVUAST ME! MUST MUST got to Stresa! Cos the hotels are simple BEAUTIFUL! The decors, the mountains, the villas, the lake, the island - breathtaking. Words can not do it justice.

Stresa is 45mins from Geneva, I was informed that most of the locals work in Geneva. In fact, the interesting part is that, the postcard I sent was posted from Geneva as it’s the closest town to Stresa (instead of somewhere in Italy). Hemmm....

One place that captivate me most is an island called Isola Bella, I thought it sounded faraway and romantic UNFORTUNATELY I didn’t manage to step foot on it…. (ARHGJJBEDK!!!). Its winter and no one goes there apparently. Sigh… just my luck! There’s 3 island on this lake, mainly "Isola Bella (“Beautiful Island”), Isola Madre (“Mother Island”) and Isola Superiore, or Isola dei Pescatori (“Isle of the Fishermen”). And "Isola Bella is the largest of the three Borromean Islands and is almost entirely taken up by the Borromeo Palace.

Strolling by the lake and around the fishing village.


See you in next entry, in City of Water - Venezia



Credits : ItalianVisits, Fotografieitalia

No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...