Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Oakwood Kuala Lumpur | The perfect staycation hotel






Sometimes, the best vacation is a staycation.
A foreign activity or/and name for some yet it is pretty common now.

Staycation has received a few urban definition these past few years, a few of the popular ones found are:
  • A vacation that is spent at one's home enjoying all that one's home environs have to offer.
  • A reprieve from daily activities of work and chores; taking personal time.
  • A  vacation spent close to home.



And everyone’s favourite choice will be ‘A Vacation spent close to home’.  I got the chance to enjoy this experience at Oakwood Hotel & Residence off Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. Everything is perfect to the T; the room comes with a decent and well equip kitchenette, a living room and bedroom.  A few thoughts ran into my mind as I walked in the room, this is a suitable place to hold a small gathering or reunion among close friends, family weekend getaway in the city and perhaps a home away from home for those who wants a different from home yet close enough to attend any emergency issues (if need be).


I have to admit, it was a much needed staycation cum holiday as I get to focus on my work (need to complete my 2017 plan), backlogged blog post, rest while enjoying the pool and gym facilities (obviously).... not only that, I also managed to go for an acupuncture cupping therapy. AND that's a big YEAY for me.

That is not all, a few of the services and facilities I noticed and impressed with are the:
  • Doctor on-call
  • Complimentary Daily Shuttle Service
  • Internal Laundry Facilities (self-operated machine is available)
  • 10-minute drive to MaTIC, Kuala Lumpur's one-stop Tourist Information Centre, Suria KLCC, Petronas Twin Tower, KL Tower, Lot10, Lake Titiwangsa, Istana Budaya and etc. Aside, shopping malls along with the financial district within a stone’s throw.
  • 5 minute drive away from the world class medical centre; The Gleneagles Hospital
  • Situated in a well-connected, accessible and within the popularly known "Embassies Hub” area thus providing guests with a comfortable and hassle-free stay.

Oakwood Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur is located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, making it the perfect place for me to have a great staycation. Accessible to KLCC, Avenue K, Pavillion and etc makes it convenient for me to shop or attend any event.



The TrEat Restaurant & Bar offers light and simple meal for guest. Craving for a pasta meal since the last few weeks drive me to sample what TrEat Restaurant has to offer. Flipping thru Oakwood Hotel menu (thank goodness for the simplicity else I have an even tougher time picking a meal), I saw a section dedicated to pasta. 'Hemmm... Gonna get myself an Aglio Olio pasta' I said to myself satisfactorily. Few minutes after placing my order, the most anticipated pasta arrives. Doesn't look that appealing, I remembered telling myself. I took a small bite (doubting)...

It was spicy. Very spicy in fact.
But strangely, I kinda love this new and interesting fuse of Italian food with cili padi. Fit my Minang taste bud. Definitely.


So far so good, love my room, great food and now I set to hunt for recreational activities which sums up to gym and pool. Finding the pool site was easy as it is situated by the TrEat Restaurant of which one can dine while watching the kids playing by the pool at the same time, I believe this is called good time management and great multi-tasking skill *wink*. As for the gym, it is located just next to the restaurant overlooking the pool. I guess the management really think through on everything.


Looking for a great Oakwood Hotel Kuala Lumpur promotion? Click HERE to know more.


Fact :
Oakwood Worldwide® is the premier provider of corporate housing and serviced apartment solutions through its well-known brands, Oakwood®, ExecuStay® and Insurance Housing Solutions™. With a presence in all 50 United States and more than 85 countries, the award-winning company provides move-in-ready furnished accommodations to meet the needs of global organizations, individual business travellers, insurance clients and leisure travellers alike. Oakwood Worldwide was founded in and continues to base its corporate headquarters in Los Angeles and operates regional headquarters in London, Phoenix and Singapore.



222 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 603.2720.3888






No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...