Monday, January 13, 2020

Penang KOMTAR | Rainbow Skywalk and The Gravityz - World's Highest Rope Course Challenge



Cold feet. Chicken feet? Chicken out!!!!

Yup! That’s me alright.
Scared of height. Gayat.
Chickened.

I bet you will too if you take a look at Penang Komtar’s The Gravityz.
Basically there is NO safety net. And you will be hanging at 65th floor rope dependent.


KOMTAR stands for Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak, Malaysia’s 2nd Prime Minister. KOMTAR Tower's is also Penang's tallest building was erected in 1974 and completed in 1986. 2015 marked the year revamping of KOMTAR took place, 3 additional storeys were added. This additional floor is where the Rainbow Skywalk and The Gravityz are located; world's highest rope course at the 65th floor.

KOMTAR houses multipurpose complex, comprising retail outlets, a transportation hub and administrative offices aside from Geodesic Dome, 7D Discovery Motion Theater, Magic Mirror Maze, Danceoki, 5D Ocean Explorer, Jurassic Research Center and many more. There is also a Gym in the Sky on the 66th floor.

2 unique attractions that I experience are the Rainbow Skywalk (Level 68), a semicircle glass floor bridge walkway. As for The Gravityz (Level 65) of which I ‘partially” tried, a rope obstacle course along the exterior of the 65th floor, including a zip-line challenge (scary as there is no safety net). Partially tried basically mean I tried but chicken out. OK OK OK! I did gear up and all but as I step out and look out. It is scary shit man! That was when I chicken out and retract myself. Ahaks


Rainbow Bridge

There’s 2 glass floor, one is on 68th floor (out door) and the other one is indoor on 65th floor. I did both (well, kinda). They persuaded me to did the full semicircle of the Rainbow Bridge, for a person that is scared if height this is really terrifying. But demi sebuah content, I took 1 big step on the bridge and got them to quickly crawl back to the building. Literally crawled back. Kid you not.


As for the indoor version of the glass floor. It wasn’t as scary (tetiba overconfident), having said that, I still dare not dance and walk everywhere like the rest of them. But no screaming and crying lah.


Rainbow Skywalk
Level 65 @ The Top
Menara Komtar
Georgetown
Penang Island

Operation Hours
Sunday to Thursday
11:00am to 10:00pm
Friday to Saturday
11:00am to 11:00pm
(Selected Public Holiday and School Holiday from 10.00am to 10.00pm)

Do book online to avoid queues : https://thetop.com.my/buy-tickets/


The Gravityz

No. It’s a no for me. Despite the fact that I negotiated for a photo opp just outside the exit. Here’s the thing, I came out with this brilliant idea of having a photo just outside the exit (my bravest moment) but guess what?!?! I forgot to inform them to take a photo of me and they are nowhere in sight. So I have no prove of execution. Cis. 

The rest of them takde fear langsung, especially Miera. I rasa dia ni Avengers kot. By the way, The Gravityz's ropes course consist Confidence Path, High Bench, A Great Bridge, X-Point, Z-wire and G-Rocky.



The Gravityz
Level 65 @ The Top
Menara Komtar
Georgetown
Penang Island

Operation Hours
Monday to Sunday
11:00am - 2:00pm
4:00pm - 7:00pm
(break at 3pm)

Public holiday & school holiday
11:00am - 7:00pm

Do book online to avoid queues : https://www.thegravityz.com/booking




The VM2020 Heritage and Family Fun 2019 Media Fam Trip is organized by Tourism Malaysia in partnership with all its sponsors.


No comments:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...